Google is the biggest search engine and one of the most popular websites in the world. Optimizing your company’s Google presence makes sense if you’re serious about growing your business.
Creating a Google Business Profile (GBP) is a great way to do this. An optimized Google Business Profile allows users to find your company directly on Google.
The profile also gives users helpful information about your company, such as its address, website, phone number, and more.
This blog post will show you exactly how to set up a GBP for your business, so it appears on Google search results. Let’s dive into it.
What is a Google Business Profile?
A Google Business Profile is a valuable tool for businesses.
A Google Business Profile is a free, public profile for your business that appears in Google search results.
The profile includes a map with your business’s location, information about your company, reviews, hours of operation, and more.
You can add this business listing to Google Maps and Google Search so that it appears when people search for your business and visit Google Maps.
The GBP can also help you earn more local search traffic because it appears in Google’s “Local Guide” section, which can help you get top-rated status (more on that in a second).
That makes sense since Google created the feature to help users find businesses and products more quickly.
How to Create a Google Business Profile
If you still need to create a Google Business Profile for your business, you can do so directly from your Google account.
You can also create one by visiting the Google Business Profile website.
Here’s how to do it from your Google account: –
- First, visit the Google Business Profile website and click “Get started.”
- Next, click “Add a business” and sign in to your Google account.
- Now, you’ll select your business type.
- After you select your business type, you’ll add your business’s location.
- Next, you’ll be asked about the type of information you want to appear on your Google Business profile.
- You’ll then be asked to add images, hours of operation, and other info about your business.
- Finally, click “Save” to finish creating your Google Business profile.
Why Is Google Business Profile Important for SEO?
As mentioned above, a Google Business Profile allows you to show up when users search for your business on Google.
You can also show up on Google Maps if you create a Google Business Profile. An optimized Google Business Profile can earn more traffic from “local” searches. –
- According to a study by Nielsen, 89% of consumers search for local businesses online.
- Another study shows that people click on “organic” search results (i.e., those unpaid and lower in the page advertisements) an average of 4 times more than they click on ads.
Now, why does this matter for SEO?
The reason is that Google prioritizes “organic” (i.e., unpaid) results over paid advertisements.
If a user is searching for your business, and you show up in their search results, you’ll likely get more traffic than if you were to show up as an ad.
As you can see, an optimized Google Business Profile is essential to your online marketing strategy.
They allow you to appear in Google’s search results, on Google Maps, and even on Google Assistant.
All of this is great for your business, as it gives you a better chance of being found by potential customers.
The best way to create a Google Business Profile is to log into your account and visit the Google Business Business website. From there, you can easily add your business to the Google ecosystem.